Saturday, February 9, 2013

Quilting with the Girls

Yesterday the Frankfort girls met at JoAnn's, who no longer lives in Frankfort, but has moved to Chillicothe. Nevertheless, we are still going to be referred to as the Frankfort girls, just because that's the way my simple brain operates.

Can you believe that not a single one of us had a show and tell item??? This is unheard of! That's a good thing, I guess, because I forgot to take my camera with me. But since I had my phone, that's no big deal -- we always have a camera these days, you know?

No show and tell, but there was a fun project that Sheryll shared with us. She came into possession of a big box of men's shirts. A niece's husband's grampa had passed away. Someone asked if Sheryll could make a quilt out of his shirts. Here is a picture representative of the shirts.


Rather nondescript, aren't they? This picture actually shows the most color in the entire bag of shirts. Most are tan, gray, brown - very monochromatic and dull.

Sheryll had picked out a pattern that she wanted to use from a Kim Diehl book.


Looks like a great choice to me! As we discussed ways of adding color into this quilt, given the shirts she had to work with, we came up with changing the triangles on the snowball block. Instead of using a neutral, use color.

So after we adjourned, Sheryll and I took a little field trip to Old Town Fabrics to find suitable fabrics for this quilt. Here is what Sheryll ended up buying. I think she nailed this! It is going to look spectacular!


The stripe fabric will be used as the border, while the two prints will be used as the triangle blocks, which when placed together in the quilt will become red and blue hourglass blocks. Very nice! I cannot wait to see how this turns out.

Is anyone else experiencing trouble with blogger this morning? It's as if demons have taken up residence inside the program and they are causing things to jump around - messing up margins, moving my cursor, etc. Very odd.

Well, since the program is throwing fits, I will just leave it at this for today. I do have some more things to share, but that will just have to wait until tomorrow! Like the loaner machine I have while mine is in the shop, for example. That's pretty exciting, right?

Oh, by the way, I did fix the previous post done from my iPad; I just knew that was not working right. ;-)

Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!