Friday, February 7, 2014

9-Patch Update

Doing 30 9-patches was a walk in the park compared to constructing 20 Burgoyne Surrounded blocks. And if it weren't for my blogging about this project, I would quit right now. Yes, I have reached the point of being tired of this project and I'm ready to start the next. I have always been this way. That's why I have so many starts and so few finishes. But I digress...

These 9-patch blocks, as I said, were easy and fast to finish. I am now taking a deep breath and getting myself ready for putting it all together.

I did the prep work just after breakfast. These stacks are ready to be connected. We have 60 in the top pile and 30 in the bottom pile. Easy-peasy.


After lunch, I headed back upstairs to finish them off, and in an hour I had them constructed, pressed and photographed for your blogging pleasure. *grin*

Looking pretty spiffy, aren't they? I have the sashing strip already cut, so the quilt top will soon be taking shape!


All quilters face housekeeping duties, so this is nothing new to you, but I wanted to show you how much gunk gets into my machine after just a day of sewing. I dust it out about every other day, and just look at all the bits of thread and dirt. Gracious! Quilts like this one with lots of parts sure puts the sewing machine through the works.

Happy Quilting, Friends!



2 comments:

  1. A fuzzy machine means it is loved, right? I purchased mini-vacuum attachments just for this purpose and they save my machine's life each week.

    I feel as though I've turned into a serial commentator on your blog, but I truly am enjoying your work. I've mentioned that I am still new to quilting (started in October) and simply love to see what others are doing and how they do it. Blogs re so great for this! I have been sewing all my life though, but quilting just feels so different. Thanks for all of your inspiration and putting up with my habitual comments. Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're going to be so glad you didn't give up. This is going to be a wonderful quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!