Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Another UFO

The closet in my sewing room is stuffed with quilt tops folded over hangers. Since this is a year of finishing some UFOs, I think I will try to get a few of them quilted, bound and finished. Sounds like a plan, doesn't it?


Here is one I took to Terry last Thursday. It is called Broken Dishes, a pattern by Kaffe Fassett. It is the quilt that made me fall in love with KF fabrics.

 

 


I don't know how far back I'd have to go to figure out when I started the quilt top, but I do know that I finished it in April of 2011. It can be found in the Kaleidoscope of Quilts book. If any of you have ever made KF quilts from his patterns, you know that they are not strip-piecing friendly. He uses templates; consequently, if you want to go with strip-piecing, then you have to do some figuring and planning. I've made several of his quilts, and I've gotten used to doing this, but for a first timer, it could be daunting.

Anyway, Terry has informed me that she has it quilted already! I will get it on Friday when we meet at JoAnn's. I can't wait to see it! And, I will get right to work on binding it, and before you know it, I will have a finish. That will feel mighty good, you know?

I will definitely show you the quilted top on Saturday or Sunday. Stay tuned!

On a housekeeping note, I have finally retired the 2013 Goals list on my sidebar, and have posted my 2014 Goals. It's about time, isn't it?

Happy Quilting, Friends!

3 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful quilt!! How fun to have it back so quick and ready to finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to seeing it all quilted up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you've stored them. I don't have any spare wardrobe space, so mine a stacked in storage containers.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!