Sunday, February 2, 2014

Fixing Boo-boos

These daggone Burgoyne Surrounded blocks are so easy to goof up. I have spent more time than I care to admit ripping out those blended 9-patch blocks that I showed you a couple days ago. Click here to read about constructing them.


The mistake in the above 4 finished blocks is in the first one. The lower left blended 9-patch is turned the wrong way. The navy diagonal is not doing its job of keeping the larger navy diagonal going through the block.




It has happened 3 times and let me tell  you, they are not fun to fix! I have laid the blocks out with everything going the right direction, but somehow I get this block turned without even realizing it until it is all sewn in.

Other that that, these blocks have been a lot of fun to make. I have 13 blocks completed, and have just 7 more to make. I try to get a good bunch of sub-units made ahead, and that makes finishing blocks a lot faster. Fun, too. *grin*  I am getting close enough to 20 blocks to begin thinking ahead to the sashing and cornerstone blocks that I will need to make.

So back to the sewing machine for me!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, how I know the feeling of seeing my error all sewn in nicely. My first reaction is I am NOT fixing this - no one will notice. Then it "eats" at me and I fix it. Your quilt blocs are looking lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I would have noticed it if you hadn't pointed it out. I'm like you, I always have to "fix" things otherwise my eye would go right to THAT spot every time I looked at the quilt. They are beautiful blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just the same too. Those blocks are going to be so worth it though, the colours are just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like someone is telling you to have a "humility" block
    they look gorgeous. love your fabric choices

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!