Thursday, February 6, 2014

Twenty Blocks Done

Phew! If it weren't for all this snow and ice, I wouldn't be able to say this, but I've finally finished my 20th Burgoyne Surrounded block!! Whoo-hoo! That is truly worth a little celebration. Those are some intensely tedious blocks to make, as I've alluded to in prior posts. Yesterday, I cancelled my classes at OUC due to all the ice and snow we got on Tuesday night. This gave me a whole day to devote to making the final four blocks.

 The picture above shows the subunits needed for the final four blocks. Pretty, aren't they? I grumbled a lot while making them, but I am thrilled with how the colors work together.


This is my stack of 20 pretty blocks. Thankfully they are big ones, measuring out at 15.5". That will give me a nice big quilt, too, as these will be sashed with 3.5" strips.

Speaking of sashing, I need to make a plan for the 30 little blue and light 9-patches needed for the cornerstones. That might just happen today. Then it will only be a matter of putting it all together. Can you say "homestretch?" 

Happy Quilting, Friends!



2 comments:

  1. Incredibly gratifying! I hope you'll post a photo of the finished product. I love the colors, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful. I know they've been a trial to you, but the blocks are going to make up into a gorgeous quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!