Monday, February 17, 2014

What a Winter

The winter of 2013-14 will go down as one of much snow and record-setting low temperatures. Friday afternoon, Valentine's Day, found us being covered up with the most beautiful snow. While we have had previous pretty snows, this one shrouded our entire property in a stunning veil of large lacy snowflakes.


I'm not one to complain much about the weather. I find I am quite content watching the Olympics, sewing, reading, cooking or baking, and generally just puttering around the house. We have two birdfeeders that provide no end of enjoyment watching the ever-growing flock of birds that frequent them. We counted over a dozen male cardinals yesterday! Twelve! They are beautiful pops of red against the pine trees and snow.

We were housebound this past weekend, as we didn't trust the car to get us out the driveway without getting stuck. I will try getting out later this morning as I must go to OU-C for my Monday classes.The man we called to plow our lane never showed up, so it might be tricky!

I spent much of the weekend sewing. I've caught up on the Wishes quilt along and the Tell It To The Stars quilt along. I will show you these new blocks in coming posts. I have also finished tacking down the binding on Broken Dishes, and it is now ready to gift to DD1 this coming Saturday at the bridal shower. Finally, I made some significant progress on a t-shirt quilt that I've been commissioned to make. My second one! I would like to make quick work of it, and get if off my plate well before the intensity of the wedding begins to take over.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

1 comment:

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!