Quilting Fun


While I love the satisfaction of finishing a quilt, it isn't the only way to have fun with quilting. Fun also comes from the great outings with girlfriends, shopping expeditions with Grandma, or just sitting in my "thoughtful spot" chair perusing magazines and books. The thrill of the next project waiting just there on the horizon...

Sunday, July 27, 2014

A UFO Bites the Dust

Feeling pretty good about getting to check another UFO off the list, I must say. I am not making near the headway on my UFOs that some of my stitching friends are, but making any progress at all is still progress.


This table runner was one I made at Mary's Barn over a year ago. It was fun and easy, but I just never made it a priority to finish. I blogged about that day at the barn.


I  am so glad it is now completed - isn't it pretty? My method went like this: I machine quilted the baskets using the stitch-in-the-ditch method. In the two side triangles and the four corner triangles, I traced a quilting design on and hand quilted them. I used a French General backing and binding.


Happy Quilting, Friends!


3 comments:

Ramona said...

I LOVE your background fabric! This is a lovely table runner. Congrats for getting it checked off of your UFO list!

QuiltSue said...

Very pretty, and another one off the list.

Awesome Needles said...

hello how are you? I just saw your blog and it seems very nice, I have become a follower so as not to miss any entries. I invite you to visit my blog:
http://awesomeneedles.blogspot.com.es/
Hope you like it, greetings