Sunday, July 13, 2014

Catching Up

July is going to be the month I get myself caught up on some things I've let lag. I had legitimate excuses at the time I was putting them off, but now I have no excuses, so I need to get myself in gear.

The first 2 things on my list of catching up are the May and June blocks for the Tell It To the Stars Quilt Along hosted by Judy at Patchwork Times. I thought I would do these 2 months at Terry's on Wednesday, but I cut some stuff wrong - used the wrong fabrics - so I opted to come back to the drawing board, recut, and do them right. I am glad I did.

Above are the two blocks for May.

And above here are the two blocks for June.

And here I've put the four blocks together.

I am curious as to how this is going to look when all the blocks are made. I have July ready to go, and this month I need to make six blocks. Obviously, these will be the setting blocks. I'm thinking that August through (maybe?) October are borders, and then November -December to sandwich it all, quilt and finish?? These blocks are rather big at 12.5 inches, so I can't imagine that there will be many more to make.

If you'd like to see my earlier blocks, click each month: January, February, March, April.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

2 comments:

  1. Your blocks are beautiful and I'm loving those fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are beautiful, and the finished quilt will be really pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!