Friday, July 11, 2014

Sewing at Terry's

On Wednesday I went over to Terry's house for a day of sewing. It's always so much fun - and very productive - when devoting a day to sewing with the girls.


Sharon O. was working on a bed runner to match a new bedspread she recently bought. It is called Garden Path Bed Runner, and is a Cindi McCracken Design.


Susan was hand quilting this star quilt.


Laura continues to add on to her teeny-tiny tumbling blocks. You may remember seeing these at the quilt retreat to Canter's Cave back in April.



Sheryll worked on her purple and white quilt, a Kim Diehl pattern. I shared pics of this during quilt camp a few weeks ago.

Terry, our hostess, had her 2 projects put away before I could get pictures, but she promises that I will definitely get to snap some shots when they are quilted and totally finished. One was the basket quilt she worked on at quilt camp, and the other was a quilt she was not very pleased with, but I bet it'll still be a very pretty finish!

My own efforts involved a lot of spinning of wheels. The night before, I'd cut out pieces for the Wishes quilt-along that I am doing. Of course, I am behind - I need to get May, June and July finished! I planned to work on May and June, but came to find out that I'd cut the pieces out of the wrong fabrics - grrrrr. I was rather frustrated. I worked around my mistake, completing as much as I could, so I am very close to being able to show those finishes.

I have two more posts coming out of this day at Terry's - she cleaned her sewing room!! I was granted permission to photograph the newly cleaned and organized space; I think you will love her sewing room! It's very cozy and functional.

And, Laura, who I'd not seen since the Canter's Cave retreat, brought a big bag full of finishes to show, so we will have a bit of a quilt show in the next day or two! You are gonna' be inspired when you see her quilts! I guarantee it!!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

1 comment:

  1. You're hard working girls, your work is gorgeous! ;) happy weekend! Sil

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!