Thursday, July 17, 2014

Sharon's Progress

Sharon P. and I are getting lots of stuff done by resuming our weekly sewing dates. When I last shared her progress on the Snowbird Charm Square quilt, she was pondering border options. This week she brought the finished quilt top with her to show me her final decision.

Simple, yet so very appealing. When a quilter's head is so full of other stuff and thinking is an effort, then we have the luxury of taking 4 charm packs and making this. What could be simpler?

Have a closer look at the borders - perfection! There are several dotted fabrics in this line, and all are fun. I wonder how hard a decision it was to choose?!

This past Monday, Sharon worked on a quilt for her nearly-two-year-old grandson, Flynn. She is making up a pattern using Very Hungry Caterpillar fabrics. Beware! Bear tracks!! *grin*





These bear tracks through my sewing room are going to become a Very Hungry Caterpillar quilt for a very dear boy. Sharon is making progress: she graduated from a no-thinking quilt (see above) to creating her own pattern! Maybe she just needed to get her groove back!

I wish I could express to you how wonderful our Ohio weather has been these last couple of days! We have temps that are about 20 degrees lower than normal. It's so wonderful to open the windows, turn off the A/C, and enjoy the rustling leaves and chirping birds. I'd like to bottle these days up and save them for January and February!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

1 comment:

  1. Save or not, the important thing is you turn off the a/c, open the windows and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!