Monday, March 30, 2015

A Royal Finish

Someone commented that my purple KF project looked so rich and regal, so I thought maybe it could be called royal, too, as it goes to one of my two princesses - the soon-to-be college graduate, Emma. I finished the borders yesterday and waited until this morning to take a picture so I could use daylight to help show it off. (Since neither of my girls reads their mother's blog, I have no worries that the surprise will be ruined.)

I am thrilled with how it has turned out and am eager to get it off to Terry for machine quilting. It measures 71"x87". I will get the backing prepped today, and hopefully deliver it for quilting this week.


 The lime green inner border works very nicely as a pleasing contrast, and I like the "tame" outer border - it allows the floral and dotty inner blocks to grab all the attention.

This March has been ultra-productive! I didn't even have this quilt on my immediate radar as the month began. My entire focus as we entered March was cutting out Snowbird Stars. I finished that quilt top by around the 10th of the month, and went into this soon after. And all those FWQ blocks were squeezed in between. See what I mean about being productive? I sure hope this new-found industriousness hangs around for awhile.

I am closing in on my 1000th post soon; this post is my 990th since beginning this blog in 2009. I ought to try to say something profound, but I fear that I will not. You may not believe it, but I try to be profound every post, yet it just comes out Jayne. *grin*

Happy Quilting, Friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!