Thursday, March 12, 2015

Those Stars Are Done

Finally getting to a major completion point in the quilt-making process is a really big deal for me. I think about having to make 30 stars - that's 120 flying geese units or 240 squares that need to be marked diagonally. The next quilt I make that requires flying geese will be made with the no-waste method. I've done it before and it works.  Anyway, I'm getting off on a tangent. The star of today's show (pun intended) is my stack of finished stars.

Ta-dahh! Finished the last of them on Tuesday while Sharon was here sewing with me. What a sense of accomplishment. I have a few shots of them laid out on the bed. It looks pretty cool seeing them all touching like this, but in the actual quilt there will be a setting block between each star.

That bottom picture shows all 33 blocks laid out on the guest bed. Yes, I said 33. Somehow I miscalculated how many I'd made and ended up making 3 more than I need. (I believe I've referenced here in previous posts that math is not my strongest suit.)

I am already at work on setting the quilt top together. I sewed yesterday (Wednesday) at Terry's and got about a third of the top constructed. Pictures to come, of course! Stay tuned!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

2 comments:

  1. Looking lovely! I'll be anxious to see the quilt top with the setting blocks. Have fun putting it together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's looking great already. I can't believe how quickly you've made all those blocks.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!