Thursday, May 14, 2015

Show and Tell

While at Terry's on Tuesday, several of the quilters had some pretties to share. Let's do a quick show and tell.

These two pictures are the front and back of the quilt that Laura was binding. It is like a bonus quilt. The front is fantastic, and I can get the pattern from Terry. The bonus is the back -pieced this way is just amazing. I love it, and I want to be sure to do a quilt in this fashion sometime soon.

Later, Laura pulled this quilt out. She is hand quilting it, and worked on that later in the day.

One additional project Laura had to share was this paper-pieced star.


Sheryll had a very large applique project. She says its an ongoing project - of the multi-year variety. I know those kinds of projects; probably we all do.

Finally, Sharon P. had something new to work on. She has always been a Vincent Van Gogh fan, and when she saw this spread in a recent Hancocks of Paducah catalog, she knew she had to have it.

While a kit was available, Sharon opted to buy the various parts to make her wall hanging.

And she was well on her way by the end of the day. This is the last picture I took, but I know she was further along, and quite possibly finished with the top. I admit to being rather involved in my own project, and not keeping track of what Sharon was accomplishing.

Well, I hate to report that I don't have any pictures of what Terry and JoAnn were working on. Suffice it to say, though, we all had a great day spending time with other quilters whilst working on our beauties. Wonderful, just wonderful.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

2 comments:

  1. I'm back, after a challenging couple of weeks. As usual, the work your friends are doing is superb, I always enjoy seeing what you're all up to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the stars quilt and my DH does also.We have been looking for quite a while for something we agree on! lol Where can I get the pattern?

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!