Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Something From Nothing

Maybe you know the difficulty some quilters have with wasting fabric. I probably keep more scraps than I should, and the condition of my quilting room is proof enough. One thing I absolutely cannot allow myself to discard are those cut-away HSTs that result when making flying geese units. I have more than a few sets of these tucked away in various nooks and crannies.

These 0.75-inch HSTs were cluttering up my workspace and have been since back in March when I made Snowbird Stars.

Almost immediately after I finished this quilt top, I sewed together those cut-away triangles; I even trimmed them. Then they just gathered dust for many weeks.

Finally, I have sewn them together and I yielded 11 blocks of 5x5 HSTs. Here is what 9 of them look like.


I do love it, and I am right glad that I saved those bits of oftentimes discarded fabric. They are tiny, but just look how pretty when stitched together!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

2 comments:

  1. They look great sewn together in the blocks! I love using those bonus triangles for little quilts, too. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I save them too! I just have not figured out what to do with them yet. Yet, is the key word. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!