Monday, September 21, 2015

Ohio Stars Are Lining Up Nicely

Man, oh man, am I excited about how this quilt is coming together! I hope to get the rest of this center completed today; let me just show you a sneak peek.

Sewing entire quilt tops together always seems so daunting to me; I am impatient at this stage of the quilt-making process. Plus, the bulk that is created by the end is unwieldy. To eliminate such a mass of fabric at the sewing table, I decided to do just a third at a time. Since the quilt is 15 blocks across, I simply sewed three sections of five. The length is 17  blocks. The first completed section is shown above.

The chain-piecing, like I said, can get unwieldy, but doing just five blocks at a time seemed to keep the chaos contained. I like this sectioning-off method.

From sketch to construction in about a week. That's speedy for me. Incubation time has been considerable. A red and white quilt has been in my head for a very long time. This pattern and the plan of doing red and white with Sharon finally got me busy working on it.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

1 comment:

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!