Saturday, October 3, 2015

Evidence

I am not a neat-freak.

This recent bout of "let's clean the sewing room" is entirely uncharacteristic of me, but I have to admit, I really like the tidier workspace.

I promised to show some pictures of my efforts, so without further ado, let's take a peek.

Fat quarters (and a few other things) are neatly folded and stored in this chest of drawers.

This illustrates what I see when I open a drawer. Ideally, I will sort these by color, but I don't want to get too OCD about things.

I consolidated quite a few things and ended up emptying all these tubs. That just shows you how disorganized this space had become.

To cut down on the amount of time I spend opening tubs in search of whatever, I labeled most UFOs and other projects so that I could more readily identify without having to dig through a tub to unravel a mystery. This will be a true time-saver.

I am demonstrating hand-quilting today at Greenfield's History Day festivities. It's gonna be cold, blustery and rainy - I suspect that attendance will be off as a result.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

3 comments:

  1. I really need to reorganize my fabric stash, too. It's all in cabinets in my sewing room, but a bit messy. I'd much rather sew! It does vex the spirit when things are not organized, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have a whole lot of fat quarters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh your chest of drawers full of fabric is a real treasure! Wow!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!