Sunday, February 7, 2016

New Year's Resolution #1

January's quilt is done and I am so pleased with the results.

I gave the quilt top to long-arm quilter Terry around the middle of January. She had it quilted and handed it back over to me on Friday. I spent yesterday evening preparing and attaching the binding. It's DONE!!

The details: quilt top made in August, 2011; size is 70 inches by 80 inches; fabric is by Moda's American Jane called Breath of Avignon.

I always say this quilt looks like a Van Gogh painting with the bright, intense colors. I even called the quilt "Vincent" back when I first posted about making the quilt top.

Strippy quilts are fun and fast. I had a lot of fabric from this line, and some pieces were border prints. I used them in the solid vertical strips, and maintained the little yellow bit on the edge - it looks like rick-rack. That's just one of the neat little touches that make me adore this quilt.

I am gearing up to do some hand quilting while we watch the super-bowl tonight. I have no favorite to win - I would love to see Manning get another Super Bowl victory; and Carolina is just full of former OSU Buckeyes. Either way, I will be happy for the winner. Just hope to see a good game.

Happy Quilting, Friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!