Monday, February 8, 2016

Using Scraps

We have all removed excess from flying geese units and faced the dilemma of whether to keep or discard that excess. Some of us keep those bits and never do anything with them. Others, like my quilting friend Sheryll, create a gorgeous little quilt.

 I am so enamored with this quilt. It inspires me to make something that requires flying geese units just so I will have the leftovers to make something like this. What's not to like about red and white?

We Frankfort girls met on Friday and this is just one of the projects we shared. I am having trouble with a slow photo editing program today, so I will stop for now. We did have more to show and tell; hopefully I will be able to bring that to you tomorrow.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

6 comments:

  1. If you tend to not use the 'bonus triangles' from making geese, consider the four-at-a-time method (one tutorial is at Fons & Porter). There is no excess and the geese come out exact size each time (at least in my experience). But I do already have a drawer full of bonus triangles needing a home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice quilt and the points look perfect. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful little quilt and great fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this and red and white is surely a classic that is loved a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you are so right how lovely! I prefer to use scraps for quilting makes for much more interesting quilts. It is so much fun to see how the fabrics all play with each other.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!