Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Glorious Spring

We are having the most spectacular stretch of weather here in Ohio. I believe the weatherman said on last night's news that we have had 8 straight days of above-normal temperatures and not a drop of precipitation. Trees are sprouting leaves and flowers are budding at incredible rates. If you can imagine the classical "Flight of the Bumblebee" music by Rimsky-Korsakov, then you will be able to imagine the blur of changes spring is bringing with her. And I love it!!

Spring Beauty in our woods.
Claudia is coming over today for some lessons on a quilt and to learn how to sew a zipper. I have no new sewing pics or projects to share. I hate to report that spring cleaning got hold of me yesterday. *shaking my head in shame* Also, I mended! Blecchhh! A pair of jeans, 2 work gloves and 5 socks - all for DH. And, finally, it is near the end of spring semester, and responsibilities with two classes have kept me busy. Consequently, the wildflower pic will have to suffice for today.

Happy Quilting, Friends!



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog the other day Jayne! Still no name on the Etsy shop, but one will "appear" I know. It WAS a great conversation in the comments thread wasn't it? That's a really pretty flower; I often get inspiration for colour from flowers/Nature. Good luck as the semester winds down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mending?&^%$£. Blluuuueeergghhh.
    What is this mending thing of which you speak?
    And why is is always DH's stuff that needs fixing . . .

    Another spooky "it's the same over here" post!
    Take care, glad you are getting some better weather :-}

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!